Archived Newsletter: Released 10/8/2019
This is an archived copy of the email that was sent.
In this Halloween edition of The Business of Wine:
- Area wineries have been impacted by the recent closing of Dean & Deluca in St. Helena. Here's what you need to know about bad debts.
- Outsourcing services can be a huge relief. But that doesn't mean you are no longer responsible for your obligations.
- Another tax deadline approaches. Individual Income Tax returns are due October 15th.
- Don't miss upcoming free classes for wineries.
- Happy Harvesting!
While the recent store closing might seem like reason enough to write off any uncollected balances due your organization, the IRS doesn't agree. Learn what it takes to take a bad debt deduction.
Outsourced but not out of mind
When you outsource work to a service provider, who has ultimate responsibility for payment of any liabilities associated with those services? You do. Learn more here.
Final Individual Income Tax Returns are due October 15th
Make sure you have a plan in place for signing, filing, and remitting your federal and state income taxes by that date.
Free BDCo Classes (sponsored by Napa Valley Vintners)
- 11/12/19: An owner's guide to working with accountants. Learn more here.